If we count on the blessings of our life, counting the mother’s breast milk twice will not be a surprise! A mother’s breast milk is of great value to the child. It contains the essential vitamins, minerals, proteins, and antibodies necessary for the growth and development of a healthy child. Not only the breastfeeding helps the healthy growth of the baby; but, it also increases the emotional attachment between mom and baby. Therefore, the breast milk is considered the only suitable food for babies for the first six months. However, in today’s busy world, women tend to get more involved in work. But, the prepared milk cannot suffice the nutritional needs of the baby. Therefore, breastmilk storage came into action.
If you are stuck somewhere, you can readily ask your partner to feed the baby with the help of breastmilk storage bags. However, new mothers can find it quite challenging and confusing to clean the breastmilk bag. Thus, we are preparing this article, especially for those women. he milk storage bags help in storing the milk safely by retaining maximum nutrients from the breastmilk. One of the reasons why these bags are so convenient is the fact being reusable. Let us look at some amazing tips and tricks to clean a breastmilk storing bag:
1. How to clean the breast milk storage bag by hand washing?
People often risk of contamination related to the storage of milk in the bags. However, if you rinse the bag thoroughly by hand washing, you will have a sense of satisfaction. Here is the step by step guide of washing the breast milk storage bag manually:
- People often risk of contamination related to the storage of milk in the bags. However, if you rinse the bag thoroughly by hand washing, you will have a sense of satisfaction. Here is the step by step guide of washing the breast milk storage bag manually:
- Unlock the zip on the top section of the bag to open it.
- Place the bag below any tap water source and fill the bag with the water. It will help in removing the leftover milk present inside the bag.
- To clean the bag, prepare a solution of warm soapy water and then immerse the bag in it.
- After a while, you can use a small brush to clean the inside of the bag.
- Pay special attention to the zip-lock as it can accommodate milk residue that builds up over time.
- In the end, finish off by cleaning it thoroughly with plain water.
- Place the bag open under a steam sterilizer. It will assure you about the safety of the baby.
2. How to clean the breast milk storage bag in the dishwasher?
If you are always running short on time and cannot afford manual cleaning of the breastmilk bag, you can also clean it in the dishwasher:
- Make sure to place the bag in an upside-down position in the dishwasher. It would be better to position it in the top rack.
- Ensure the use of a mild dishwasher.
- Run a dishwasher cycle and finish off in the same manner mentioned above.
3. What are some other things that I must know about these bags?
You must know that it is mentioned in almost all the breastmilk if it is reusable or not. Never buy a standard bag to reuse it. It can prove hazardous to your child’s health. Therefore, be sure to read the instructions mentioned in the packet. The bag will also indicate to you by turning the blue key into white when the milk is at adequate temperature to consume. Also, follow the washing techniques if they have provided any!
4. What is the material of these bags? Is the repumping of the breastmilk in these bags safe to consume?
These reusable breastmilk storage bags do not contain harmful substances like BPA, Phthalate, and PVC. They are made from food-grade material. Yes, you can use it for repumping the breastmilk after the thorough cleaning of the bag without a doubt. These bags are pre-sterilized and entirely safe for babies health.
Storing the breastmilk is the best option to keep your baby’s tummy satisfied even in your absence. You do not need to leave your urgent work to feed the baby. Your partner holds the equal responsibility, and wouldn’t it be better if your baby prefers to be fed by dad sometimes? Without a doubt, yes! Cleaning and storing milk are linked with several misbelieves and assumptions. The debate on the storage of breastmilk in bags is going for several years. However, the ways that we have listed above proved to be best, effective, and safe for your little ones! Thanks for reading!
Read This Also:
- Electric Breast Pump Advantages and Disadvantages
- Manual Breast Pump Advantages and Disadvantages
- Manual Breast Pump Vs. Electric Breast Pump: Which is Better?