With the change of every diaper, parents use soft fabric or tissue paper to clean their babies. Well, Babies’ skin is very soft and highly vulnerable to allergies. Using any harsh fabric or tissue to clean them mean higher chances of causing irritation. They can feel pain or burning. To eradicate this issue, baby wipes come in handy.
Often baby wipes provide a better layer of protection from the use of any fabric to clean them up. Most parents want an extreme level of care for their baby, and they try the best to get rid of all the possible chances, which can lead to any sort of pain to the baby. Even if you are using high-quality diapers, the hygiene part still remains unfocused.
Most of the experts will suggest using high-quality baby wipes and providing a few reasons that might feel doubtable. Here we are pouring more light on the use of baby wipes and the possible side effects you can face. Before taking a deep dive, learning about the need can help to understand the reason to have baby wipes.
What’s the need for Baby Wipes?
In the early days, your baby is drinking and sleeping most of the time. Due to drinking several times a day, he/she needs to poop a lot more than a normal human being. In most scenarios, you might have to change their diaper pretty often – six to eight times a day. While changing the diaper, cleaning is an important part of proper hygiene.
Using a fabric or water is considered as the common option, but following the same method throughout the day and for a couple of weeks will cause itching. When you use a baby wipe, you are not getting harsh in any manner. This method seems safer, and your baby also feels the softness of soft tissue.
Apart from cleaning the bottom part, baby wipes are also reliable for the face, hands, and other body parts. You can carry a small baby wipe packet and use it whenever required. Based on the reasons, the baby wipe’s major role is for better hygiene with no harm to the skin. Cleaning your baby and having top-tier hygiene seems like an easy thing.
The baby wipe’s need is similar for everyone, but it might vary with the age of the baby. When the baby is growing, then the need reduces, and you can go for soft fabric for effective use.
- Read Also: 5 Reasons to Get a Baby Wipe Warmer
Benefits of Baby Wipes
A range of benefits is easy to expect from a quality baby wipe. During the purchase time, you can find an impressive variety in the market, and going with a normal quality baby wipe from a reputed brand will be helpful. Make sure that you use baby wipes that don’t contain any sort of harmful chemicals. The advantages of using a quality baby wipe are –
- Convenience – You can expect a better rate of convenience with the use of baby wipe. When using a soft fabric, you have to clean it after the use, whereas baby wipes are disposable for sure. Baby wipes are smartly packed, and you have to pinch at the top part to open it. After that, you can pull out baby wipe. There is usually one baby wipe inside.
- Easy to Use – Just pulling out one baby wipe and then cleaning butt, or any part of baby skin is easy. You just go few wipes around the dirty area, and if you find it visually clean, then it is clean from germs and bacteria also. The method of using baby wipe seems effective, and there is less wastage of water because you can throw it away after the use. With the help of wipe dispenser you can easily use wipes during diaper changing.
- Safer Choice – Ensuring proper hygiene is important to avoid facing any trouble like irritation, allergies, or skin burns. Most probably, everyone knows about it, but when it comes to using fabric, you can’t be sure whether it is clean or not. Safety always matters, and baby wipes provide a better layer of protection.
- Disposable – The best part about having a baby wipe is that it is completely disposable and eco-friendly also. You can use it whenever and throw it after the use. The convenience factor enhances due to this key feature. You can throw it in the dustbin or flush it as per the convenient method. The ability to dispose of ensuring better use of wipes.
- Availability – Baby wipes are easily available in most countries, and you can get it during the needy hour. Using baby wipes whenever required means you can get comfortable when going out with the baby.
- Portability – If you are using a piece of fabric, you can’t place it back in the bag, whereas a baby wipe seems easy to use. It is portable and allows you to carry more than one unit in a single time. Due to the small size and effective packing, it seems better. Attending events, festivals, and visiting guests seem like an easy thing when you have baby wipes throughout the journey.
- Better Hygiene – No doubt that hygiene is the primary factor that you are looking after, and if you want proper hygiene, then there is nothing better than baby wipes. These are clean and dipped in harmless chemicals, which will get you a better cleaning.
Always ensure that you choose baby wipes that are certified and don’t have too much alcohol content. Alcohol mostly soaks away the moisture of the skin and makes it extremely dry, leading to further issues.
Possible Side Effects
There are several possible side-effects that occur when you are using baby wipes in a wrong manner, or you are using it too often. The frequency of use directly affects the baby’s skin, and if you are going with a cheap quality product, it would be better to stay selective.
- Itching or Soreness – Excess use of baby wipes can develop unwanted itching and soreness. People who are not following the right method of using baby wipe usually face this issue, and you have to be selective during the use. Rubbing with intense force can be harmful.
- Reddish and Dry – Skin gets reddish when using it too often. On the other hand, there are few chemicals that can turn baby skin to the dry stage. Keep on using wipes will increase the reddishness, and it feels painful. Babies start crying when they are having intense pain or itching on their butt. You should pay close attention to the using method to avoid rubbing baby wipes badly.
- You Get What you Pay – There are a number of brands available in the market, and you can easily find that you are getting what you are paying. If you choose to buy a cheap quality baby wipe, then it can be harmful, or it may contain harmful chemicals.
These are all the possible side-effects that you can find in a baby wipe during intense use. There is no doubt that you should be spending a genuine amount and do not force yourself for cheap quality baby wipes; instead, you can choose to go with some sort of soft fabric.
Important Note – To kill all the possible side effects, you can look for the safest methods and the right frequency. Whenever you are at home, and it is possible to use fabric instead of a baby wipe, go for the soft fabric. It will eradicate all sorts of side effects and get you the best use of all kinds. You can even consider there should be no or negligible amount of alcohol content, so you get the safest class use.
After reading all these factors, you can understand that baby wipes are considerably safer than any other fabric you will use. There is no way that you can consider a piece of fabric and claim it way better from baby wipes. These little wipes are not highly economical, but you won’t be paying too much for a short period of time. Most people use baby wipes during the first two years and then move to alternatives.
The soft fabric is reliable when the baby is grown up, and the skin is not as sensitive as before. By this method, you can look out for economical options. If you still have doubts like using water is a better option, but it is actually unsafe because water doesn’t provide proper hygiene.
We hope that this guidepost will help you learn the basic factors and eradicating all the doubts regarding the use.