When it comes to the use of products which are quite similar in term of functionality, most people end up getting confused. There are so many things that provide a similar job, but the overall result is different.
The most common confusion occurs when you are going to buy baby wipes or wet wipes. Both are quite similar in name, but they serve different functions. When you are buying it, you won’t even notice a big difference in branding and functionality.
To understand the difference, let’s take a close look at their uses, benefits, and several other factors that make them different from each other.
What is Baby Wipes?
As the name says, a baby wipe is made to wipe your baby’s butt while changing diapers. They are made from soft tissue and slightly moist with harmless chemicals. The fact that they don’t have any harsh chemical or cleaner, they are smooth on the skin, and they are not going to harm your baby.
There are best baby wipes available in different scent options, and you can choose between several manufacturers to get the right one. Baby wipes usually have aloe to enhance the fragrance. Baby wipes are durable, and it is a moist cloth that actually remains slightly wet to go smooth on your baby skin.
It depends upon the manufacturer that what kind of liquid they are using to keep it moist. Some prefer the water, whereas some are going with harmless chemicals for effective cleaning. The main purpose is to provide effective hygiene, which provides the best use. When it comes to clean your baby when changing their diaper, this method will feel highly secure.
When it comes to wiping up your baby’s face, you can find that these are going to serve the best use. There is a range of advantages with few possible disadvantages which can help you understand the need to have a baby wipe. Possibly the moisturizing effect is going to grab your attention, but in reality, it is all about hygiene.
Due to the use of safe ingredients in the manufacturing of baby wipes, these little tissue papers can come in handy and provide the best use. You can clean any part of the baby’s skin and feel assured with better safety.
Safety is a key reason behind the increase in demand for baby wipes for newborn babies. You can choose between a range of brands, fragrances, sizes, and quality options to meet the need. Different brands use different formulas, so you should compare them to learn about the best one.
There are negligible chances of having any sort of rashes due to the diaper or any kind of skin-related allergies. Here we made a list of all the advantages and disadvantages so that you can distinguish them in a better manner. Let’s have a look –
- Provide Better Safety to Your Baby – There is nothing more important than the safety of the baby. Babies have extremely sensitive skin, and using any product which has harsh chemical can cause irritation. The same issue can occur due to the use of water or any other fabric. So, baby wipes contain safe ingredients, and it doesn’t have alcohol, harmful chemicals, or intense fragrance.
- Credible Option – If you look at any other option such as water, toilet paper, tissue, or a piece of soft fabric, all those options are less credible. You might feel that these things can harm your baby’s skin. But, when you are using baby wipes, you are going with the securest method. These disposable wipes will be credible during such cases. You won’t have to be confused.
- Versatile Usability –From using a baby wipe on face skin to butts, these little wipes are going to provide versatile use. You can clean any part of the body of a baby and feel safe during the use. The most common chances are you will be using these little wipes to clean the baby’s face and butt area while changing diapers.
- Keep it Hygienic – Even if you use soap or any other stuff to wash your baby’s butt, they are not going to seem hygienic. Even using any sort of soap feels less secure. Baby wipes are loaded with ingredients that will kill bad bacteria mainly and reduce the growth of any kind of bacteria and germs.
- Doesn’t Disinfect – Hygiene is not related to disinfecting property. So, you can find that most baby wipes are not going to disinfect, and it is the major reason that you should be selective. If you are looking for the purchase of an expensive baby wipe, then don’t assume that it will disinfect.
- Costly –Buying a single baby wipe might not feel expensive, but when you are going for plenty of baby wipes, then you can feel the difference. These are significantly expensive from the other options.
What Are Wet Wipes?
Wet wipes are mainly used for cleaning purposes, and they have a property like disinfecting any part of the body. It mainly depends upon the product you are using, and the active ingredients present inside. It will provide the best in class use, that’s why you can rely on it.
There is usually a range of chemical ingredients that are making them slightly unsafe for the baby’s skin. When it comes to clean, messy surface or skin, you can feel great ease during the use. Most people consider wet wipes for disinfectant property present in it.
The fact that there are so many harsh chemicals present inside a wet wipe, these small tissues can feel harmful for baby skin. You can’t use it directly in the butt area or on the face because of such chemicals. Baby’s skin starts drying as if you start using these wet wipes on their skin.
If you are using wet wipes for a baby, then do not use it frequently and try to use moisturizers to firm their skin. One more thing that you might notice that the cheap quality wet wipes can make anyone’s skin dry and cause irritation. Due to this, using a quality wet wipe is important in such cases.
To understand it in simple words, you can consider a wet wipe as a soft towel loaded with alcohol moist. Or, you can understand it as a Lysol dipped wipe towel. The overall fact is, using wet wipe is unsafe in all cases. That’s why you should stay selective wherever you are using it.
Some particular brands are offering wet wipes with this claim of “Safe for Face,” and those products are safe in real. The manufacturers are using safe ingredients or in less amount, which makes them effective for any purpose. Older kids and adults can consider the use of wet wipes and expect a range of advantages.
Here are some of the key advantages and disadvantages which will help you learn more about the use and its functionality –
- Quick Use Option – If you are going out where you won’t be able to access a washroom to clean your face, then wet wipes might feel convenient. You can quickly pull it out and use it on your face. The quick using functionality makes it highly reliable.
- Pocket-friendly – No doubt that wet wipes are comparatively cheaper from baby wipes, which ensure better value for money deal. You will be spending less amount, and there are many brands that provide great value.
- Disinfectant Property – To kill germs and bacteria, using a wet wipe is a better choice than baby wipes. It has an alcohol content that will get rid of all the harmful germs and bacteria in a single wipe. You can use it to clean your hands also.
- Multi-Purpose Product – Using wet wipe for cleaning your face, skin, or furniture are the main purposes. You can expect other features like using it as a make-up remover, using it to remove the stain, and much more. The functionality is impressive here.
- Harsh on Skin – Due to the presence of alcohol and some harsh chemicals in wet wipes, these can feel harsh on your skin. The only reason behind using a wet wipe is during the time of emergency. If you feel any sort of irritation, then your skin is too sensitive for wet wipes.
- Can’t be used for babies –If you are thinking about using wet wipes when changing the diaper of the baby, then you are choosing the wrong method. Wet wipes are extremely harmful to the baby, and it can create reddishness.
The Final Verdict
After learning about all these factors and the key purposes, it is easy to understand how baby wipes are different from wet wipes. They certainly have a different purpose during the use, and if you are considering it for the very first time, then consider your need. The key thing to keep in mind is, do not use wet wipes for babies; otherwise, it can be harmful and cause irritation or allergies. We hope that this post will help you learn about all the key properties and ensuring the best use.