If you have kids at home, then your house must be a big mess with a lot of toys. We keep buying a lot of toys for the kids, and they receive a few as gifts from the near and dear ones. As a whole, it is going to be a big mess in the house. Some people have so many gifts at home that they can even plan to start a toy store of their own. No matter how many gifts we buy, kids will still ask for more, and we cannot deny them. One of the common toy requests that you get from your kids is a toy gun. If your kids love watching those superhero movies on Television, then your kids will surely love guns. Toy guns are also the best way to keep the kids occupied for a long time.
One of the best things that parents love about toy guns is that they are not too big and don’t need any assembly. Your kids can start using them as you buy them. They are easy to store and do not occupy a lot of space in the house as well. They are available in many different styles so that they can be attractive and interesting for the kids. You can easily buy from any online store or a store near you.
Now, the question is which toy gun is good for your kids as there are so many different toy gun options on the market. From small guns to big guns, there are thousands of varieties you can find when you check for them. You will be able to find guns for kids of all ages, like from musical to lightening toy guns to guns that shoot foam bullets. You will have to make a choice based on the requirements and the age of your kids. This is where the problem starts as you will not be able to decide which is the best one among so many options. In such a situation, we have come up with a solution for you. We have made a list of the ten best quality toy guns for the kids. You can check out a brief review of each product. This will help you pick the toy guns easily for your kids.
Best Buy Kids Toy Guns 2022
Have a look at some of the best rated toy guns for kids 2022…
1. Nerf Zombie Hammer Shot
When talking about the the best toy gun ever for kids, you cannot miss the brand Nerf. It is the bestselling brand, and you will be able to find several designs. They are a bit expensive, but the quality of the gun is worth spending. Here we have Nerf Zombie Hammer Shot. This toy gun is suitable for kids from eight years to 11 years. It is made using safe and non-toxic material that is not at all harmful for the kids. They are strong and highly durable, as well.
This is a hammer shot gun, and it comes with a hammer action effect when you fire the gun. It comes with five zombie strike darts, strike stencils, and one instruction manual. It can be operated with just one hand. You can load five darts at a time and start firing towards the target. The darts are made using foam material, which is quite soft and hence does not hurt anyone even if the kid hits someone by mistake. The process of reloading the darts into the gun is also very simple. Your kids are going to have a lot of fun with this Nerf gun.
What we liked:
- It comes in an attractive orange color and made of safe material.
- It comes with five soft darts.
- It is very easy to load and shoot the target with just one hand.
What we didn’t like:
- The hammer is too hard to reload.
2. Nerf N Strike Elite Strongarm Toy Blaster with Rotating Barrel
Like we already said, it is one of the bestselling brands due to the huge range of guns they have. Here we have Nerf N Strike Elite Strongarm Toy Blaster with Rotating Barrel. This is one of their unique toy guns as it comes with a rotating barrel. That means you can load all the six darts at a time and shoot them without any break. You will be able to shoot the darts up to a distance of 90 feet, which is a good range. If you have a partner to play with, this toy gun will be very interesting.
You need to flip open the rotating barrel and fill the barrel with soft darts. You will receive six darts in the package, and you need not have to buy them separately. As the barrel keeps rotating after every shot, you will be able to fire easily. It does not require any battery for its operation. To rapid-fire the darts, you just need to hold the trigger and move the barrel front and back. The darts are soft and do not hurt or break anything in the house.
What we liked:
- You get with a rotating barrel for faster shooting.
- You will receive six Elite soft darts in the package.
- You will be able to shoot up to a distance of 90 feet.
What we didn’t like:
- The rapid-fire option does not work well.
3. NERF Fortnite RL Blaster – Fires Foam Rockets
Does your kid love Fortnite video games? Then your kid is going to love this NERF Fortnite RL Blaster – Fires Foam Rockets. Yes, we have another toy gun from the brand Nerf. It is a replica of the same rocket used in that game. Your kids will be able to fire the foam rockets and have fun. Now your kid will be able to bring the action from the video game into real life. You just need to do three things to get started with the fun. Load the rocket, prime it, and then fire. It does not require any kind of batteries for it to work. It can be operated manually.
You will receive two Nerf rockets, and they are very safe. The two rockets have been tested and approved, and hence you need not have to worry at all. The rockets are made using foam and hollow. That means it does not hurt anything or anyone. The size of the rocket blaster is big, and hence it is suitable only for kids above the age of eight years, and adults will also love playing with this rocket. It can be a great gift for kids.
What we liked:
- It is made using strong and durable materials and safe for kids as well.
- It comes with two foam rockets.
- It is the same rocket that is seen in the Fortnite video game.
What we didn’t like:
- The foam rockets get damaged very easily.
4. NERF Fortnite Sp-R & Llama Targets
Here we have another toy gun from the same brand Nerf. It is NERF Fortnite Sp-R & Llama Targets. It is one of the best unique guns that can be used for practicing targets. It comes in blue and orange. You will hardly be able to find a gun from Nerf that does not have orange color. It will be very useful if you want to practice targets. It comes with three Llama targets and six darts. To make the game more interesting and exciting, you get Llama targets in a different size. That makes it perfect for you to practice more. Your aiming skills are going to improve well.
It is a replica for Dart-blasting Fortnite blaster, which means it is the same blaster that is used in Fortnite video games. It is the same color and looks the same as the video game. The dart clip and the barrel can be detached from the gun. You get three officially tested and approved Nerf Elite darts for shooting. The darts are hollow and do not hurt anything in the house or any person as well.
What we liked:
- It is the same Dart-blasting Fortnite blaster that is used in the Fortnite video game.
- It comes with six darts and three Llamas.
- It can help in improving your targets and aiming skills.
What we didn’t like:
- No cons so far.
5. Toshi Station Colt 1911 Toy Gun
If you are looking for something colorful and attractive for the kids, you should look at Toshi Station Colt 1911 Toy Gun with Ejecting Magazine and Glow Tip Bullets. The magazine of the toy gun can be removed easily. It comes in a very attractive color combination of Orange, Blue, and Yellow as well. You will have to load just five bullets into the magazine. You should not pull the trigger more than once for one shot. For the gun to work properly, you will have to make sure that you are pulling it back completely.
It is made of using safe and toxic-free material, and hence it is very safe to use by the kids. It is suitable for kids above the age of three years and above. It is a perfect choice as a birthday gift, Christmas gift, or Halloween. You will receive one gun with a barrel, one magazine, and also ten bullets. The attractive part about the bullets is that they glow in the dark. The bullets are made of rubber, and they are very safe for the kids to use.
What we liked:
- It comes in a very attractive color and shape.
- You will receive ten glowing bullets along with the gun.
- The magazine of the gun can be removed and loaded as per choice.
What we didn’t like:
- The material used in the making of the gun is very delicate.
How To Choose The Best Toy Gun For Kids
With so many options of toy guns on the market, it can be tough for any parent to select the best toy guns for their kids. Even if you are stuck up in such a situation, this buying guide can be very helpful. It will have all the important points that you need to consider when buying a toy gun for your kid. That way, you will be able to make your choice in a very simple way, without any confusion.
⇒ 1. Age
The age of the kid is one of the most important factors you need to consider. If you are buying a too big or heavy gun, then that can be a waste of money for a small kid of two or three years, then that can be a waste of money. So, always consider the age and buy accordingly only.
⇒ 2. Material
You will be able to find toy guns made of plastic material only. But it is important to make sure that the guns are made of safe and toxin-free plastic material. It should be a BPA-free material that does not affect the health of your kids. Kids sometimes place the guns in their mouths accidentally, and if it is made using cheap material, then it can be a problem.
⇒ 3. Size
The size of the gun is another important factor to keep in mind. The toy gun that you are choosing should be easy for the kids to hold in their hands. When it is of the right size, they will be able to carry it well and aim at the target as well. So, always make sure you pick the right size.
⇒ 4. Bullets
If your kid is above five years of age, then you can go for toy guns that come with bullets. You can find different kinds of bullets like foam bullets, plastic bullets that stick to the target, and some come in the form of small balls. You will have to make a wise choice as the small balls can hurt other people when the bullet hits them. Foam bullets are the best and safer option if your kids are naughty and aim at just anything in the house. If your kids are a bit cautious, then you can even go with the plastic bullets as well.
⇒ 5. Combo packs
Some toy guns come in combo packs of two or three guns. If you are having more than one kid and want to buy similar guns for all of them, then going for combo packs would be a great idea. It will save you some money when compared to buying them individually.
⇒ 6. Musical and lightening guns
If you have kids under the age of five years, then musical and lightening guns can be a great choice. They make different kinds of sounds like firing a real gun, and that makes it interesting for the kids. It also comes with lightings, and that can attractive for the kids, especially if they are playing in the dark.
⇒ 7. Other accessories
Some toy guns come with other accessories like a belt to hang to the gun to your shoulder or a pouch that can hold the bullets for you. Some of them come with a police badge, which makes the kids feel like they are cops, and they will be able to enjoy the guns better.
Toy Guns Safety Guidelines For Parents
Ideally, children should be able to make their guns or pretend that another toy is a weapon because it is a more flexible and imaginative form of play.
However, it is not recommended that parents prohibit water pistols, pellet rifles, or other assume weapons if their kid is involved in them because it sends the frightening text that being able to hold a plastic toy can turn you into a dangerous person. Play guns become more desirable as a result of the ban.
How Safe Are Children’s Toy Guns?
- It has been demonstrated that toy guns can potentially cause or even fatal injuries to children when they are played with. This is particularly true for granules and BB guns, which are both small and lightweight. Even though they are often regarded as toys, these can be extremely powerful and lethal weapons.
- It’s also important for parents to be aware that recent research has raised concerns about the impact that having to play with toy guns can have on a child’s growing personality. Some children’s aggressive and violent behavior may be exacerbated when they are exposed to toy weapons and guns. Toy guns can also make it much easier for a kid to misinterpret a deadly weapon for a toy gun if they are used frequently.
- Other types of guns, like ball-bearing guns, automatic rifles, bb guns, and paintball guns, have the potential to cause serious injury to children and teenagers. Pellet and Air rifles are extremely powerful and have the potential to seriously harm or kill the child. They should only be used under the supervision of an adult. BB guns should only be used by children sixteen years old or older, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. If one’s child has been injured by a BB or pellet gun, parents are likely to underestimate the dangers of these weapons to their children.
- Starting to play with toy guns may make it more likely for your kid to error a real gun for a toy gun in the future.
- Policemen may indeed confuse the toy gun for just a hunting rifle in certain circumstances. Children’s toys should not be made to look like real firearms, and the reddish cap on the container should always be present.
- Toy guns that fire missiles, such as Paintball guns and pellet guns can cause severe and permanent eye injuries, as well as permanent vision loss. When children are using them, they should be protected from the sun.
- Make certain that the ability to fire noise is not too loud, as this could cause hearing damage in your child. Children should always be protected from loud noises. Allowing children to use water pistols nearer than 1 foot from one’s ears is not recommended and they should only be used outside.
- Do not allow children to put the caps off of toy guns in the pockets. They have the potential to energize and trigger burn injuries.
Toy Guns Frequently Asked Questions
No, toy guns are not engineered and designed for toddlers. Toy guns are for older kids and not for toddlers. Remember some of the toy guns are very powerful a fast moving projectile from a toy gun could harm the kid in many ways. This is why consider purchasing and using a toy gun only if your kid is above the age of 4 or 5-years.
No, there are different types of toy guns, some of them are very powerful and some of them are weak. However, kids could use both types of guns for fun, but, he/she should know what to do with the toy gun and what not to do. This is why it is best recommended that you do not purchase and give a toy gun to a toddler or kid that does not understand the dangers of using a toy gun.
No, there are different types of toy guns available on the market. While all of them are designed for kids, each of them is engineered and assigned for specific age groups. As the age of the kid increases, the power of the guns marketed for this age group might also have some issues.
Yes, of course, in recent years, the number of brands marketing toy guns has increased tremendously, most of these brands claim their toy guns to be safe, but, in practice, it might differ. This is why you need to find a reputed brand and then consider purchasing a toy gun from such a brand. Remember, even though it is just a toy gun, if it is powerful, it could be dangerous for kid’s use.
In general, there is no such thing as perfect age, however, the basic thing that should be understood is that the kid should understand the dangers of using a gun on others and himself. He/she should know what to do with the gun and what not to do with the gun. If your kid has such a conscience, then you could consider purchasing a toy gun and give him/her. Remember, while purchasing the toy gun, you should check the specifications and find out the target age group, most of the toy guns available on the market are designed for specific age groups. Do not neglect this age group factor.
Have you gone through the entire list of products? So, which toy gun did you like the most? All the guns on the list are best, and you will not be disappointed with them. But you just need to make sure that you are picking a toy gun that is suitable for your kids. That means you should consider their age and their taste, what kind of guns they like, and what they don’t like. Your kids are going to love toy guns. You can give them as a gift for a birthday or any special occasion, or gift them even when there is no occasion; they are still going to love them.