Figuring out the right type of baby clothes is a hitherto daunting task among parents. Spending a little time understanding the quality parameters and requirements can come in handy.
Baby Clothes – Understanding the Need of Being Selective
Babies grow out of clothes in months and it is a difficult job to find the right fit every second month. Buying baby clothes every month to ensure a perfect fit is necessary for the growth of babies and making them look good.
Meanwhile, it is also necessary to understand the importance of choosing well-made baby clothes. Not all the brands are the same and some of them might be using poor quality fabric in the mass manufacturing process.
Choosing baby clothes that are also easy to put on your baby and you can also remove them without making your baby struggle is essential. The baby clothes must be comfortable for the baby and you should learn about this before getting started with the purchase.
Baby Clothes – What Size Should you Buy?
Babies can grow out of their sizes within weeks and choosing clothes that are the perfect fit will be a bad choice. Choosing an upper size to ensure that your baby grows perfectly is essential for the job.
The sizing starts from 000. It is the smallest size of baby cloth and it is designed for babies between the age of 0 to 3 months. Babies grow out of size after the first three months and then you can find a 00 size option. This size is perfect for babies which are between 3 to 6 months of age.
However, some babies are very healthy and bigger than other ones. So, those babies can easily fit into the 00 size and parents can choose the upper size in those situations. Rolling up the sleeve is the only factor that might be annoying, but you can get the perfect fit in those situations.
On the other hand, size also varies based on baby girl and baby boy. Girls are smaller than boys when they are born and they have different criteria of clothes. The sizing mechanism is similar in both types of baby clothes. Make sure that you do not go for the label. Instead, it is better to compare before finalizing the purchase.
Kind of Baby Clothes
Have you ever heard about the fact that babies have different types of clothes? Maybe not. Well, babies get a huge variety in terms of clothes types. If you are willing to buy a new set of clothes for your baby, then learning about the kind of clothes for a newborn is a crucial factor here.
Clothes for babies are required to be comfortable and they should be easy to wear. Babies have soft skin and it is very sensitive also. Choosing soft fabric can help during this process and your baby will have a great time wearing the same. Baby clothes must be easy to maintain and wash at the same time.
One of the best types is the stretchy jumpsuit. It helps fasten the jumpsuit and offer a snug fit to the baby. There are envelope necks that protect babies. Getting these types of clothes through babies head to their necks is easier due to the excessive stretchy material. At the same time, you can choose a jumpsuit with zips because they are easy to wear for babies.
The second essential tip for parenting is choosing clothes made of cotton. No doubt that cotton is the most premium and reliable material due to its soft texture, breathable material and easier maintenance. Clothes made of high-quality cotton are perfect to choose and they can offer excellent usability.
Clothes with low fire hazards are also essential. It is a safety standard among all the developed countries. So, parents must keep these factors in mind.
Number of Baby Clothes Required for Newborn
Newborn grows out of existing pair of jumpsuit and dresses within weeks. So, it is essential that you buy a limited number, but you should consider the right number. Having too few clothes for a baby can be a topic of poor hygiene.
- You should at least buy six singlets, which will offer you the option to have extra whenever required.
- Buying six jumpsuits to take your baby out and other purposes will be good enough to make them look good.
- You can buy three tops so that babies always have some more clothes to wear during their day out.
- Buying different night suits for babies than they wear in the daytime is a better choice.
- Make sure that you buy cotton made hats and some pairs of socks. At least 3 pair of socks is essential.
During the winter season, you should have at least two cardigans and one jacket. You can buy cotton bunny rugs, gauze wraps, sleeping bags, baby mittens for infants and more.
Dressing Tips for newborn
The dressing and undressing experience among babies is exhausting and they don’t like it at all. However, if you choose quality baby clothes that are easy to wear, then the scenario is completely different. Below given are a few dressing tips –
- Turn down the AC and set the room temperature to a moderate degree so that when you undress your baby, he/she doesn’t feel hot or cold.
- While getting your baby’s arms through the jumpsuit holes, it is crucial to be gentle. There are many times when babies are not treated in the right way while getting them into their new clothes.
- Putting a nappy on the baby is helpful to prevent babies from doing a wee.
- Make sure that you stretch the neck part of the cloth so that your baby doesn’t have to go through the hard pushing of clothes.
- Your babies cloth must be protected from the sun as if you are taking them out and you don’t want them to get sunburn even at this early age.
These are the essential tips that you can take into consideration while dressing up your baby. It will help your babies in several manners.